Northern Star Pale
Source: Chris Schiffer
Recipe added: 12/10/99
This is my house beer.
Recipe type: All Grain
Batch Size: 5 Gallons
Time in Boil: 60
Primary Fermentation: 4 days at 67 F
Secondary Fermentation: 4 Weeks begin at 67 F drop to 45 F
- 4 lbs Beestons Maris Otter
- 4 lbs Beestons Golden Promise
- 1/2 lb Carastan
- 1 oz Northern Brewer pellets(60 min)
- 1 oz kent goldings plugs (20 Min)
- 1/2 oz kent goldings Plugs (5 min)
- 1 oz kent goldings plugs (dry hopped in secondary)
This is a simple one step infustion mash. 1.25 quarts of water per lb of grain at 170F (water temp). Rest for one an a half hours. Infuse boiling water to 170 F, transfer to lauter tun and rest 20 min. Sparge untill runnigs reach a gravity of 1.008. The boil is one hour. I use irish moss, but it is optional.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.