Source: Doug Cook
Recipe added: 04/02/97
Just bottled on 3/30 so haven't actually tried it yet, tasted OK at bottling but I can tell it needs a little aging in the bottle. The color was a nice amber. I dry hopped this for the full 2 weeks in the secondary because, well, I'm a hophead...
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Starting Gravity: 1.050
Finishing Gravity: 1.008
Time in Boil: 1 hour
Primary Fermentation: 7 days, plastic
Secondary Fermentation: 13 days, glass
- MALT EXTRACTS
- 4# Alexendar's Pale LME
- 3# Munton & Fison Amber DME
- 1/2# Cara Pils
- 1/2# Crystal 10L
- 1/8# Roasted Barley
- HOP SCHEDULE
- 1.00 oz Cascade plug 4.4%, 60 min.
- 0.50 oz Styrian Goldings plug 5.2%, 60 min.
- 0.50 oz Cascade plug 4.4%, 30 min.
- 0.50 oz Styrian Goldings plug 5.2%, 15 min.
- 0.50 oz Styrian Goldings plug 5.2%, 0 min.
- 0.50 oz Fuggles plug, dry hopped
- Wyeast #1968 London ESB, 500ml starter
Steeped grains 30 min in 1 gal @ 150F, sparged with 1/2 gal @170 to make 1.5 gallons (concentrated boil). Added extracts and boiled for 1 hour following hop schedule. Cooled and sparged to 3.5 gal h2o in fermenter and pitched yeast starter.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.