Itsa Pail Ale
Source: Scott Bershing
Recipe added: 03/05/00
Turned out great. Not as hoppy as I thought it would be, but this was due to using a hop bag.
All in all a great beer that great rave comments from everyone that tried it.
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Starting Gravity: 1.067
Finishing Gravity: 1.012
Time in Boil: 60 min.
Primary Fermentation: 5 days
Secondary Fermentation: 21 days
- Ingredients for 5 gallons:
- 8 lbs Light Dry Malt Extract (EXTRACT)
- 0.5 lbs Crystal 60L (STEEP)
- 0.5 lbs Toasted Malt (STEEP)
- 2 oz Chinook 11.7% BOIL 60 minutes
- 1 oz Cascade 6% BOIL 30 minutes
- 1 oz Kent-Goldings 6.4% BOIL 15 minutes
- 0.5 oz Willamette 5% FINISHING 5 minutes
- 1 oz Fuggles 6% DRY 0 minutes
- 1 tsp Irish Moss
- 2 pkg Danstar Nottingham
The only thing to note was that I toasted the Pale malt in a 350° oven for about 10 minutes. Other than that, I used standard procedures for everything.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.