Source: Rob Strebler
Recipe added: 05/13/00
A staple in my home! Sometimes I brew this recipe with more bittering hops depending on my mood.
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Starting Gravity: ?
Finishing Gravity: ?
Time in Boil: 1 hour
Primary Fermentation: 4 days
Secondary Fermentation: 2 weeks
Additional Fermentation: 3 weeks in bottle
- 4 Lbs. Bulk Amber Extract
- 3 Lbs. Dark Dry Malt Extract (DME)
- 1/2 Lb. 40L Crystal
- 1/2 Lb. Chocolate Malt
- 1 Oz Northern Brewer (boil)
- 1 Oz Fuggles (Aroma)
- Wyeast Irish Ale #1084 (prepare a yeast starter with 1 cup of DME from recipe.)
- 1/4 cup corn sugar (for priming)
1. Crack grains and add to 1 1/2 gallons of water.
2. Slowly bring to 160° F (30 mins at 160°.)
3. Strain grains and return wort to boiling vessel.
4. Add extracts and Northern Brewer hops.
5. Boil for 58 minutes.
6. Add Fuggles hops for 2 minutes.
7. Strain into primary fermentor, add water to make 5 Gallons.
8. Pitch yeast starter at 75° F.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.