Lawrence of India Pale Ale
Source: Larry Lawrence
Recipe added: 05/25/00
Dry hop with Cascade...next time for more aroma.
Good head and retention (almost sounds sexual).
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Starting Gravity: 1.057
Finishing Gravity: 1.015
Time in Boil: 60 Minutes
Primary Fermentation: 7 days @ 68 degs
Secondary Fermentation: 7 days @ 68 degs
- 7 lbs. X-Light DRY malt extract
- 8 oz. Malto-Dextrine (extract)
- 8 oz. Crystal 80L (steep)
- 75 g. Galena hops 12%alpha (60 minutes)
- 84 g. Cascade hops 5.6%alpha (30 minutes)
- 14 g. Kent Goldings hops 6.1%alpha (end steep)
- .1 oz Irish Moss (10 Minutes)
- 1 tsp Gypsum -- Water cond.
- 1/2 oz. Dry orange peel (sweet) (10 minutes)
- 50ml 1272 American II Wyeast
Start with 1-1/2 gallons in brewpot, add gypsum.
1/2 gal. Mini Mash @ 165 or thereabouts, add to brewpot
add extracts when boil begins.
add galena at first boil
add Cascade 30 minutes later
add Irish moss and dried orange peel with 10 min. left
add Kent goldings and remove from heat. Cool.
7 days in primary @ 68 degs
7 days in secondary @ 68 deg s
bottle condition with 1-1/4 Cups of Light DRY malt extract disolved in 1 pint of warm water.
store bottles @ approx. 70 degs for 10 days..... DRINK UP!!
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.