Broken Tusk IPA
Source: dan raphael
Recipe added: 06/30/01
Not an over-the-edge Northwest IPA, but hoppy enough with a little added malt body (and 6.8 abv).
I'd intended to get the original London yeast, not 3. London 3 has high flocullation, and I had to aerate after the first week.
Recipe type: Extract
Batch Size: 6 gal
Starting Gravity: .070
Finishing Gravity: .018
Time in Boil: 1 hr
Primary Fermentation: 2 weeks
Secondary Fermentation: 3 weeks
- 3/4 oz crystal (40), 1/2 oz dark crystal (120)
- 7# light syrup, 3# light dry, .5# honey, .5# corn sugar
- 2oz Chinook leaf, 1oz centennial pellets-- boil (35.0 hbu)
- 1oz willamette flavor, 1oz willamette aroma, 1 ox chinook pellets dry hop.
- Wyeast London 3 ale yeast.
Make half gallon starter ahead of time.
Bring grains to boil in 1.5 gallons of water. let steep 5 minutes. Strain, add mal, boil hops, etc. Bring to boil. After 45 minutes add first oz of willametter. After 1 hr add other oz of willamette. Turn off heat and let sit 5 minutes before sparging.
After two weeks rack into carboy with 1 oz centenial
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.