Source: B.G. Brewing (John Schroeder, Chris Boyer and Jason Gorsh)
Recipe added: 08/03/01
One of BGB's best beers ever! We have been asked to brew this batch many times by our friends and co-workers. ENJOY!
Recipe type: Partial Mash
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Time in Boil: 1 hour
Primary Fermentation: 7 to 10 days glass car-boy
Secondary Fermentation: 7 days glass car-boy
- 3.5 Lbs LME
- 3.5 Lbs DME
- 1 lb Chocolate Malt, cracked
- 10 ounces Crystal Malt, cracked
- 1 oz Cascade Hops (1/2 oz for last 10 minutes, 1/2 oz end of boil)
- 2 oz Fuggles for 60 minutes
- 1 cup Priming Sugar
- Liquid Wyeast London Ale
1. Bring 1.5 gallons of water to 160 degrees.
2. Steep the grains for 30 minutes.
3. Sparge with HOT water, bring the water up to 2.5 to 3 gallons in the brew pot.
4. Bring to a boil, add the DME and follow the HOP schedule listed above.
5. Boil for a total of one hour.
6. Cool, add yeast and let the fermentation process begin.
7. After seven to ten days, transfer to the secondary for one week.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.