dopplebock, bock, extract
Source: James S. Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Based on a recipe from "Country Wines", Pittsburgh, PA.
- 8 lbs Heidelberg Bavarian Bock Malt Dark
- 1 lb M&F dry light
- 1/4 lb Chocolate Malt, crushed
- 1/8 lb Black Roasted Barley, crushed
- 1/2 lb German light crystal, crushed
- 2 ozs, Fresh Bullion Hops
- 1/2 oz Fresh Chinnok Hops
- 1 oz Fresh Perl Hops
- 1/2 oz Compressed Kent Goldings Hops
- 1 tsp Irish Moss
- 1 1/2 inches licorice, crushed
- 2 pkgs Whitbred Ale yeast
Crush all grains, place in muslin bag in 6 qts water. Bring to a boil.
Remove grains in bag and add all malts. Boil 20 minutes.
Add Bullion Hops. Boil 30 minutes.
Add Chinook Hops, Licorice, Irish Moss. Boil 15 minutes.
Add 1/4 oz Perl hops. Boil 10 minutes.
Add 1/4 oz Perl hops. Boil 5 minutes.
Chill wort and sparge into primary fermenter. Add water to 5 1/2 gals.
Dry hop 1/2 oz Kent Goldings in muslin bag. Pitch yeast.
Rack to secondary, removing hops after fermentation slows.
Bottle with 1 1/4 cup M&F dry malt for priming.