Source: Hugh Graham
Recipe added: 10/19/97
IPA Lot has been made at least 5 times, so you know it's a winner. Hop bitterness, flavor and aroma should be present
in a fairly pale, harmless looking brew.
Recipe type: All Grain
Batch Size: 5 US gals
Starting Gravity: 1.050
Finishing Gravity: 1.012
Time in Boil: 60 mins
Primary Fermentation: Glass, 2-3 weeks
- 8 lbs British Pale Ale malt
- 1 lb LV 40 Crystal malt
- 1 tsp gypsum + 1/2 tsp NaCl in fairly soft water
- Hops aplenty:
- Goldings4.6% 2.6 oz 60 min
- Goldings4.6% 0.4 oz 30 min
- Tettnanger3.4% 0.5 oz 20 min
- Fuggles 3.6% 0.5 oz 12 min
- Fuggles 3.6% 0.5 oz 2 min
- Fuggles 3.6% 0.5 oz Dry hopped at 6 days
- Irish moss at 20 mins
- Yeast: Wyeast European Ale starter or UK ale yeast for a less fruity finish.
Mash at 66 C , 1.25 US qt/lb for 60 mins and sparge with 77 C water to collect 5.5 US gallons.
Boil for 10 mins before adding first hops.
Cool to 65 F and pitch yeast. Keep fermenter in water bath.
Prime and bottle.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.