Source: ShakeDown Street Brewery (aka jonathan edwards)
Recipe added: 05/29/98
one of the best i've ever brewed! this is my 3rd all grain brew...named in honor of Phil Lesh, former bassist for the Grateful Dead. This recipe is based on 72% efficiency.
Recipe type: All Grain
Batch Size: 11 gallons
Starting Gravity: 1.061
Finishing Gravity: 1.014
Time in Boil: 90-100 minutes
Primary Fermentation: 62F
Secondary Fermentation: 62F
- 19 lb. American 2-row
- 1 lb. Belgian aromatic
- 2 lb. American crystal 60L
- 1 lb. Flaked barley
- 1.5lb light brown sugar
- 3 oz. Fuggles (3.4% AA, 60 min.)
- 1 oz. Kent Goldings (5.2% AA, 45 min.)
- 1 oz. Kent Goldings (5.2% AA, 30 min.)
- .5 oz. Kent Goldings (5.2% AA, 15 min.)
- 1tsp gyspum in mash water
- 1tsp gypsum in sparge water
- 1/2tsp acid blend.
- 3tsp irish moss
- Wyeast 1028 in 2 1/2 gallon starters
mash in 10gallon GOTT cooler, singe infusion at 154F. mash out after 90 minutes at 168F.
Back to previous Table of Contents
Copyright © 1996 - 2005. All Rights Reserved. No information found in the
Gambrinus' Mug pages should be assumed to be in the public domain.